We have two awesome skin care recipes you can get going if you happen to have 1 oz of beeswax laying around.
Our first recipe is for Halloween Lotion bars, which will soothe and moisturize your skin. Use your favorite Halloween-themed silicone molds, or any old molds you have at home will do.
Our second recipe is for Sparkling Mint Lip Balm, which will keep lips hydrated. The weather is cooling down, and it’s important to prevent chapped lips.
Without further ado, here is how you make these lovelies.
Halloween Lotion Bars
This Lotion Bars recipe will yield about 3 medium size lotion bars.
- 1 oz Beeswax
- 1 oz Cocoa Butter
- 1 oz Jojoba Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essential Oil
- Using a double boiler on low-medium heat, melt the beeswax and cocoa butter, then add the jojoba oil when everything else is almost melted
- Keep stirring all ingredients together until everything is melted evenly, then remove from heat
- Stir in the Vanilla oil and mix well
- Carefully pour into silicon molds of your choice
- Place in the fridge for three hours, or overnight
- Gently pop them out of the molds and they’re ready to use
Sparkling Mint Lip Balm
This lip balm recipe will yield about 20 small lip balm containers.
- 1 oz Beeswax
- 1 oz Shea Butter (or Mango Butter)
- 1.5 oz Apricot Oil
- 1.3 oz Castor Oil
- 25 Drops Spearmint Essential Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Edible Red Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Edible Glitter
- Using a double boiler, melt together your beeswax, shea butter, apricot oil, and castor oil. Make sure you keep stirring until everything is evenly melted and mixed
- Add the Spearmint Essential Oil, red powder and glitter one at a time. Use a whip or fork to stir in the powders evenly.
- Carefully pour into your lip balm containers while also stirring – the glitter will tend to settle at the bottom of your container if you don’t keep stirring while you pour.
- Let them sit for a few hours until ready to use
The consistency of this lip balm will be soft and easy to use from a tiny jar with a finger. If you want a bit harder consistency for tube lip balm containers, decrease the Castor Oil from 1.3 oz to 1 oz for this recipe.
Combining the making of two recipes that have similar ingredients is one way to be efficient and save time, while also creating some fantastic homemade skin care. Have fun!