Homemade Beeswax + Coconut Oil Candles
Easy & Toxic-Free
Today we’re going to show you how to make pure, non-toxic candles for your home.
Many store-bought candles can present two problems. The first one being that many of them are made with paraffin wax, which has been linked to many problems with your lungs, and breathing and even linked to cancer. The second problem is even if you buy a candle that doesn’t have paraffin wax, it can have fragrances that can be very irritating to your sinuses. The solution is to make your candles at home. All you need is two simple ingredients: Beeswax and Coconut Oil.
Ingredients & InstructionsView recipe video
2 parts Beeswax (example: 8 oz)
1 part Coconut Oil (example 4 oz)
Container for the candle
Double sided tape
Pencil or a straight stick
- Fill up your container with beeswax to measure how much will be needed
- Weigh the amount of beeswax so you know exactly how much you have in your container and can figure out how much coconut oil you need
- Weigh out one part coconut oil compared to how much beeswax you used
- Put the beeswax and coconut oil into a double boiler and melt these on low heat
- Secure the wick in your container by using a small piece of double sided tape at the bottom of the container (at the center point)
- Using a pencil, chop stick or similar straight item place this across the center of the top of the container and secure the wick to it so it stays in place while the melted ingredients are poured inside
- Once the beeswax and coconut oil are melted, mix them up and pour them into your container
- Allow these to cool until solidified at which point they will be ready for use
Uses and Benefits
Make your own candles, using containers/jars of your choice, with just two simple ingredients: Beeswax and Coconut Oil.