Beeswax has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and wound healing abilities. Most noteworthy, it forms a protective barrier on skin to repel environmental assaults while holding in moisture and reducing dryness. Beeswax has antibacterial properties, keeping skin clean, hence reducing the risks of contamination in the formula itself.
Beeswax uniquely “attracts” water molecules to your skin, consequently creating extra hydration that’s noticeable over time. As a result, it gives new meaning to baby soft. To top it all off, it seems like Beeswax has an unlimited shelf life! What? This is quite a statement and we have not tested how unlimited the shelf life is–however, those beeswax candles found in the Egyptian tombs kind of give it away!
- Naturally non-comedogenic
- Anti-inflammatory agents reduce swelling, stinging and redness
- Loaded with vitamin A (for cellular turn over and also collagen production)
- Offers deep moisture without greasiness
- Shields skin from pollution, sunlight and strong winds
- Encourages wound healing
- Completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms
- Helps soothe sunburn and stop the itch
- Stops itching from dry skin, also bug bites
- Strengthens and regenerates skin
- Many additional uses: anti-inflammatory ointment, antibacterial balm, lip treatment, and salve (see recipes)
- Unless USDA Certified Organic, other beeswax may be of questionable and untraceable origin, so isn’t always safe for skin care preparations
- Long Shelf Life
Weight: 16 oz