How to make Shower Steamers | An alternative to bath fizzies
We’re going to show you how to make these easy shower steamers, perfect for a wake-me-up aromatherapy session during your morning shower.
Ingredients & InstructionsView recipe video
2 cups Baking Soda
1 cup Citric Acid
80 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
40 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- Sift your baking soda into a large mixing bowl
- Add the citric acid and mix thoroughly
- Next, add the eucalyptus and rosemary essential oils and, while wearing gloves, mix in it, and make sure to break up any clumps that have formed from the adding of the oils
- Spritz the mixture with witch hazel a few times and work it in, adding more witch hazel until the mixture starts to hold together when squeezed
- Transfer the mixture to the molds, compacting it in tightly
- Let them sit overnight or for a few hours in the fridge and then remove the steamers from the mold
Uses and Benefits
If you’re a shower person you will love these shower steamers. Just place one on the floor of your shower and let it dissolve. It will release essential oils and produce a quick and effective aromatherapy session before you start your day.