Shea Peppermint Salve
Shea peppermint salve works well whether you want to make a holiday gift for a friend, or you want to make something for yourself. The salve has a pleasant smell, relieves sore muscles, and softens up rough or dry skin. The texture is silky, and it leaves your skin feeling refreshed. Here are the simple steps for our recipe:
Shea Peppermint* Salve Recipe
Use to relieve sore muscles or small aches, or simply to soften up cuticles or dry hands.
- 3oz Raw Shea Butter
- 2oz Beeswax (note that Beeswax takes a lot longer to melt than butters, so be patient)
- 2oz Jojoba Oil
- 60 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil*
- Using a double boiler, slowly melt the Raw Shea Butter and the Jojoba Oil
- In a separate container, slowly heat the beeswax until melted
- Combine the two melted ingredients in one container and add 1tsp of Peppermint Essential Oil*
- Wax gets solid fast, so quickly pour in a glass, PET or metal tin container and let it cool completely before use.
Note on Peppermint*: Peppermint Oil is stronger than other Essential Oils and some people may experience a burning sensation or allergic reaction. Please be aware of any reactions and either lower the amount of this Oil in your recipe, or substitute it with Eucalyptus Oil, which has similar properties but is not as overwhelming.