Shea Butter Lip Balm
Here is just one of the recipes you receive when you purchase our Raw Shea Butter. Shea Butter lip balm is the perfect lip balm. If you have dry or cracked lips, this is your solution. You can use this home-made lip balm as often as you would like to, it moisturizes your lips better than any chemical-filled lip gloss available in stores. If you want to, you can fill up several lip balm containers, stick a pretty label and bow on them, and give it out as a cute gift to friends or family. Here’s an easy recipe for you:
SHEA BUTTER LIP BALM
- 1oz Raw Shea Butter
- 2oz Beeswax
- 4oz Sweet Almond Oil
- 1oz Jojoba Oil
- 1oz Avocado Oil
- 15 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (too much peppermint will sting your lips, so start with 15 drops and add if desired)
- Melt 2oz of beeswax in a small pan until melted.
- In a separate pan melt 1oz Shea Butter. When it turns liquid, add in 4oz sweet almond oil, 1oz Jojoba oil and 1oz avocado oil and stir until blended.
- Add in the melted beeswax and your choice of essential oils and stir all ingredients until fully blended.
- Remove from heat and wait about 10 minutes to let the mixture cool off.
- Pour the mixture into a lip balm container (tubes or small round or rectangular metal tins) and let it solidify for about 2 hours before using.