A DIY Bath Soak is a great addition to a warm bath after a long days work. It is composed of a few simple ingredients that transform your humble bath into a heavenly spa-like experience.
The best part is you can make them easily at home with just a few ingredients and you can ditch the chemicals or unwanted ingredients you might find in store bought versions.
What is a Bath Soak?
Bath soaks are composed of ingredients such as magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt), sea salts, minerals, dried flowers and often have essential oils mixed into them for added aromatherapy.
They are added to bath water as an easy and inexpensive way to help relieve stress, physical aches and pains. They also give that spa like experience in your own home.
Common Ingredients for a Bath Soak
Epsom Salts or Magnesium Flakes are a great option for relaxation. They help reduce inflammation and ease stress. They are also particularly great for soothing tired and aching muscles.
Dead Sea Salt is good for helping sooth and heal problematic skin. Containing a mix of magnesium, calcium, sodium and potassium, this salt helps to hydrate and encourage natural skin healing which makes it ideal for anyone who suffers from skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
Himalayan Salt is a powerful detoxifier as this ionic salt helps extract the toxins from your skin and tissues. It penetrates your skin, leaving you feeling refreshed and nourished.
Milk can make your skin feel softer and smoother because fats in the milk cling to the skin. It leaves it feeling silky smooth without an oily residue.
Rose Petals the antibacterial properties in rose petals make them excellent for soothing irritated skin and reducing redness. They also help to maintain moisture in the skin.
Lavender Is excellent for relieving stress, aching muscles and promoting relaxation.
Recipe for a Soothing and Relaxing DIY Bath Soak
- 1 Cup Epsom Salt
- 1 Cup Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Cup Dried Flowers of Choice (we used dried rose petals and dried lavender flower buds)
- 50 Drops of essential oils of choice
How to Make:
- Put Epsom Salt and Pink Himalayan Salt into a mixing bowl
- Measure out dried flowers and add them into the mixing bowl one handful at a time, crushing up the flowers in your hand as you add them
- Add in essential oils and mix all of the ingredients together
- Once fully blended, scoop the mixture into a container of choice, with a lid. Or pour into your warm bath to enjoy right away.
- Once completed with your bath apply your favorite body butter to seal in the moisture (see how to make your own body butter here)
Here is our recipe tutorial video for this bath soak below:
I hope you enjoyed this. Let me know if you have questions or feedback by leaving a comment below.