Holiday Scented Lotion
The holidays have some very specific smells. Some people are reminded of the holidays when they smell pine. Others smell peppermint, and know it is the holiday season. Sometimes the scent of chocolate is enough to make you day dream about hot chocolate by a warm fire. There are many recipes for holiday scented lotion that you can make using our Raw Shea Butter. The scents of the holidays can be with you throughout the day. You will enjoy the pleasant smells mixed in with raw, all natural ingredients. You can find the following recipe and even more on our Pinterest account.
Peppermint Body Butter
- 1/2 cup each of coconut oil, cocoa butter, Raw Shea Butter, and apricot kernel oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter in a medium pot over low heat. Stir together until completely melted, then remove from heat.
- Mix all of the oils into the melted mixture well.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl, and then put into the fridge for one hour to an hour and a half.
- Once the mixture is chilled, use a hand mixer to mix until it has a nice whipped consistency.
- Scoop contents into a jar or other container you would like to use. At room temperature, your whipped holiday lotion should last for 8-12 months!
***If used on a child, replace peppermint with lavender or vanilla as peppermint can be irritating.