Our 100% unrefined raw shea butter is harvested by Ghanaian women who take pride in getting you the highest quality shea butter. It is pure and unrefined as Mother Nature intends so it is loaded with nutrients and vitamins to renew your biggest, hardest working organ–your skin.
Unrefined Shea Butter is ivory in color, has a rich consistency, and is extracted mechanically without using any hexane or other chemicals that would alter its nourishing properties. It is semi-hard and pliable, and the scent is slightly nutty and earthy. Shea is the richest of all our cosmetic butters.
The history of unrefined shea butter as an invaluable cosmetic traces back to Ancient Egypt. It is even known that Queen Cleopatra kept jars of unrefined shea butter for her use.
The natives of Africa traditionally refer to shea trees as Gods gift to Africa because of their long, 300-year lifespan and this rich, highly nourishing butter that they yield.Today Shea Butter is also known as “women’s gold” because it is a valuable source of income for women in the West African community.
HOW IS UNREFINED SHEA BUTTER MADE?
It comes from an indigenous African tree called Vitellaria paradoxa. These are wild-growing trees producing tiny, almond-like fruits that start falling on the ground in May. These fruits are harvested, separated from the nut, then boiled and the butter floats to the surface. The butter is then milled and mechanically filtered (without the use of chemicals). From there it is imported to our facility in Austin, TX where it is again mechanically filtered and packaged.
WHO IS SHEA BUTTER FOR?
We can say with confidence that Unrefined Raw Shea Butter is for everyone and for every skin type. It is loaded with vitamins A, E, F, Antioxidants, and Essential Fatty Acids (Linoleic and Linolenic), it is known to nourish and soothe dry or cracked skin and to even out skin tone. It is non-comedogenic so does not clog pores and perfect for those who have blemishes and are looking for an effective and truly natural solution.
SHEA BUTTER BENEFITS
- Naturally non-comedogenic, so does not clog pores.
- Loaded with vitamin A (for cellular turn over and collagen production).
- Vitamins E, F and fatty acids for deep moisture.
- Repairs aggravated skin.
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin tone.
- Shields skin from pollution, sunlight and strong winds.
- Contains phenols, the same antioxidants found in green tea.
- Completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms.
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin.
- It is an essential ingredient in homemade salves, balms, body butters, soaps, lotions and more! (see recipes)
Weight: 16 oz.
Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
For more information, including recommended use, how to whip it up into a body butter and more, click here.