I put together this very simple and basic recipe for making whipped shea body butter. It contains 3 ingredients which can be customized by you based on what is best for your skin type. This recipe has the bonus that it does not require heat so can be done quickly and easily.
Ingredients & InstructionsView recipe video
6 oz Shea Butter
4 oz Jojoba, Apricot or Almond Oil
40-50 drops of Essential Oil(s) of Choice
- Cut up Unrefined Shea Butter into small pieces and put into a mixing bowl
- Using an electric mixer, mix the shea butter on low to mash it up
- Pour in your carrier oil a little at a time and continue to whip the butter and oils together
- Add in the essential oil or oils of choice
- Continue to whip until the body butter reaches your desired consistency.
- It is now ready! Scoop into your final containers, cover with a lid and store in a cool dry place.
Uses and Benefits
To use, clean the area of the body in need, pat dry and apply body butter. Allow to soak in. Use once a day or more if needed. I hope you love this whipped shea body butter as much as I do. Let me know if you have questions or feedback.