Cocoa butter, also called theobroma oil, is a pale-yellow or light brown solid fat extracted from the cocoa bean. Cocoa beans are removed from the large cacao plant. They are then roasted, stripped, and pressed to separate out the fat, known as cocoa butter.
This butter is popular as one of the main effective ingredients in stretch mark and scar creams sold on the market today. The Cocoa Butter we sell is pure, unrefined and completely natural so is concentrated. This whipped up with a carrier oil of choice can be very effective on stretch marks, scars, severely dry cracked skin and more.
This butter has a rich chocolatey smell naturally.
Cocoa Butter Benefits
- Penetrates layers of skin for deep moisture and skin repair
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and scars
- Shields skin from pollution and strong winds
- Relives dry, cracked or peeling skin
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin
- Strengthens and regenerates skin by enhancing collagen production
- Loaded with vitamins E and K which are essential to good skin health
- Full of saturated oleic, saturated stearic and palmitic acids all beneficial to skin
- Is an essential ingredient in homemade salves, balms, body butters, soaps, lotions and more! (see recipes) or (recipe videos)
Weight: 8 oz
Cocoa Butter Melting Point: 88 -101 degrees Fahrenheit
For more information on Cocoa Butter, how it is made, how to use it and additional benefits please see our article here.
How to Use
Melt a small amount of the butter between your hands and apply to your face or body. You may also mix this into homemade skin care products.
When not in use store Cocoa Butter sealed in its original packaging, or in a container such as a jar with a lid. Keep in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight. If temperatures are above 75 degrees Fahrenheit, store in the fridge.
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
We hand pick our products carefully and ensure they are of the highest quality and pure. For this reason we stand behind our products and guarantee them 100%. If for some reason you are unhappy with your purchase please contact us as soon as possible so we can help get this resolved.
FDA & Allergen Disclaimer
These statements and products have not been evaluated by the FDA. These statements do not intend to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent, or eliminate any disease or condition. Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods products are only for cosmetics purposes, so do not ingest them.
Please consult a physician before using products from Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods. If you are allergic to any ingredients, please do not purchase or use. Use a small 1”x 1” inch test area on your hand; let product sit on the skin for 24 hours to test for any adverse reactions. If any reactions occur, consult a physician immediately, and immediately discontinue use.