Mango Butter comes from the fruit of the Mangifera Indica botanical (also known as the Mango Tree) in India, it is considered to be India’s “King of Fruits”. The center of the Mango fruit seed is where this emollient butter is extracted from. It is then mechanically refined and deodorized to make it safe for use on the skin. This process is done without the use of chemicals so maintains the butter as 100% natural and pure.
It is white or off white in color and has little to no scent.
Mango Butter has a similar consistency to Shea Butter so can be used in place of this in skin care recipes if desired.
Mango Butter Benefits:
- Naturally non-comedogenic, so does not clog pores
- Contains vitamin A (promoting cellular turn over and collagen production)
- Loaded with Vitamins B, C, D, E & fatty acids helping with cell regeneration, which gives the skin a rejuvenated, revitalized appearance
- Can even out dark spots, and discoloration over time
- Helps reduce fine lines, wrinkles, scars and stretch marks
- Shields skin from pollution and strong winds
- Cleanses the skin of impurities which helps to unblock pores
- Stops the itching of stretching skin
- Deeply moisturizes dry cracked skin
- Safe for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Effective as a scalp conditioner (seals in moisture and reduces breakage and hair loss by strengthening hair follicles)
- Protects hair from drying, helps control frizz and boosts volume and growth
- Is an essential ingredient in homemade body butters, salves, balms, hair products, soaps, lotions and more! (see recipes) or (recipe videos)
Weight: 8 fl oz.
Mango Butter Melting Point: 86-98 degrees Fahrenheit
- SLS, SLES
For more information on Mango Butter, including how it is made, recommended use, additional benefits and more, click here.