Kokum Butter is derived from the Garcinia Indica tree, native to India. It is extracted and mechanically refined without the use of chemicals or additives.
It is a white or off-white color. It has a mild to nonexistent odor.
Kokum is often used as a substitute for Cocoa Butter due to its similar texture and the fact that it has little to no scent.
This butter is particularly popular for its fast absorption and healing abilities.
- Ultra-moisturizing, helps rejuvenate and soften the skin
- Helps soothe irritated skin, stinging and burning
- Non-comedogenic, will not clog pores making it great for all skin types including acne prone skin
- Contains antioxidants that nourish the skin and help slow aging
- Helps repair damaged or cracked skin
- Softens the skin and restores skin flexibility
- Helps regenerate skin cells & reduces degeneration of skin cells
- Kokum Butter is an essential ingredient in homemade salves, balms, body butters, soaps, lotions and more! (see recipes) or (recipe videos)
Weight: 16 oz.
Melting Point for Kokum Butter: 90-104 degrees Fahrenheit
- SLS, SLES
For more information on Kokum Butter, including recommended use, how it is made, recipes to whip it up into a body butter and more, click here.
How to Use
Melt a pea size amount of the butter between your hands and apply to your face or body. You may also mix this into homemade skin care products.
When not in use store Kokum Butter sealed in its original packaging, or in a container such as a jar with a lid. Keep in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight. If temperatures are above 75 degrees Fahrenheit, store in the fridge.
Garcinia Indica Seed (Kokum) Butter
We hand pick our products carefully and ensure they are of the highest quality and pure. For this reason we stand behind our products and guarantee them 100%. If for some reason you are unhappy with your purchase please contact us as soon as possible so we can help get this resolved.
FDA & Allergen Disclaimer
These statements and products have not been evaluated by the FDA. These statements do not intend to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent, or eliminate any disease or condition. Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods products are only for cosmetics purposes, so do not ingest them.
Please consult a physician before using products from Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods. If you are allergic to any ingredients, please do not purchase or use. Use a small 1”x 1” inch test area on your hand; let product sit on the skin for 24 hours to test for any adverse reactions. If any reactions occur, consult a physician immediately, and immediately discontinue use.