Our 100% unrefined shea butter bulk is harvested lovingly by Ghanaian women who take pride in getting you the highest quality shea butter that is pure and unrefined as Mother Nature intends! That means it’s safe and loaded with nutrients and vitamins to renew your biggest, hardest working organ–your skin!
Our classic Unrefined Shea Butter bulk has a rich consistency, and is extracted mechanically without using any hexane or other chemicals that would alter its nourishing properties. It is semi-hard and pliable, and the scent is slightly nutty and earthy. Shea is the richest of all our cosmetic butters. The color of this butter can vary from an ivory color to a more yellow or slightly green color.
The history of shea butter as an invaluable cosmetic traces back to Ancient Egypt, where Queen Cleopatra always kept in stock jars of pure, unrefined shea butter. Today Shea Butter is known as “women’s gold” because it is a valuable source of income for women in the West African community.
HOW IS SHEA BUTTER MADE?
Shea Butter comes from an indigenous African tree called Vitellaria paradoxa. These are wild-growing trees producing tiny, almond-like fruits that start falling on the ground in May. These fruits are harvested, separated from the nut, then boiled and the butter floats to the surface. The butter is then milled and mechanically filtered (without the use of chemicals). From there it is imported to our facility in Austin, TX where it is again mechanically filtered and packaged.
WHO IS SHEA BUTTER FOR?
We can say with confidence that Unrefined Shea Butter is for everyone and for every skin type. It is loaded with vitamins A, E, F, Antioxidants, and Essential Fatty Acids (Linoleic and Linolenic), it is known to reduce eczema, skin rashes, even out skin tone, and soften your skin. It is non-comedogenic and perfect for those affected by acne who are looking for an effective and truly natural solution.
SHEA BUTTER BENEFITS
- Naturally non-comedogenic
- Anti-inflammatory agents that reduce swelling, stinging and redness
- Loaded with vitamin A (for cellular turn over and collagen production)
- Vitamins E, F and fatty acids for deep moisture
- Repairs aggravated skin
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin tone
- Shields skin from pollution, sunlight and strong winds
- Contains phenols, the same antioxidants found in green tea
- Completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin
- It is an essential ingredient in homemade salves, balms, body butters, soaps, lotions and more! (see recipes)
Weight: 5lb or 10lb
Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
Unrefined Shea Butter Bulk comes in a 5 lb block that is fully sealed. If 10 lbs are ordered you will received two 5 lbs blocks so it is easier to use.
For more information on this our unrefined shea butter, including recommended use, how to whip it up into a body butter and more, please see our page devoted to this butter.