First of all, that store brand lotion you’re using? It probably has shea butter listed as an ingredient, but it’s not the same. 2-5% is all the big guys add and it’s a refined version, which means they strip it of most nutrients. Our 100% unrefined, pure shea butter is harvested lovingly by Ghanaian women who depend on their craft to live. It comes to us as Mother Nature intends! That means it’s safe and loaded with nutrients and vitamins to renew your biggest, hardest working organ–your skin!
Our Yellow Shea Butter gets its color from the root of the African Borututu Tree. It’s revered for its healing abilities the Ghanaian women add it in during the milling process to give it extra nutrients. Our Yellow Shea Butter is commonly preferred by people with eczema, psoriasis and other difficult skin conditions, because it tends to take longer to absorb and creates a better moisturizing effect. Yellow Shea Butter is also a bit harder than the Ivory, and when used on fair skin, can give it a light glow or slight tan look.
- Naturally non-comedogenic
- Anti-inflammatory agents reduce swelling, stinging and redness
- Loaded with vitamin A (for cellular turn over and also collagen production)
- Vitamins E, F and fatty acids for deep moisture without greasiness
- Repairs oxidative stress and severely aggravated skin
- Natural SPF of 6–10 to prevent sun damage
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin tone
- Shields skin from pollution, sunlight and strong winds
- Contains phenols, the same antioxidants found in green tea
- Completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin
- Strengthens and regenerates skin by enhancing collagen production
- Many additional uses: anti-inflammatory ointment, scalp treatment, hair serum, lip treatment, and salve (see recipes)
- Lasts up to 2 years (when you store it properly)
Weight: 16 oz.
Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Borututu Bark Extract