Unrefined Shea Butter is a completely natural product. The color of the butter can thus vary between ivory or gray and can sometimes have a green tint to it. It has a natural nutty/smoky smell.
Our Shea Butter comes from the nuts of the Shea Tree (Vitellaria Paradoxa) in Ghana, Africa . The Shea tree has been nicknamed “Tree of Life,” for its ability to help with numerous skin, hair, and health conditions. Shea Butter itself is also known as “Mother Nature’s Conditioner” for its exceptional moisturizing and softening properties.
This butter is known to soothe and hydrate mature skin as well as skin that has been damaged by the harsh effects of the elements.
Shea Butter Benefits
- Naturally non-comedogenic, so does not clog pores.
- Loaded with vitamin A (for cellular turn over and collagen production).
- Vitamins E, F and fatty acids for deep moisture.
- Helps repair damaged skin aggravated skin and blemishes
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin tone.
- Shields skin from pollution, sunlight and strong winds.
- Contains phenols, the same antioxidants found in green tea.
- Pure Unrefined Shea Butter is completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms.
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin.
- Moisturizes and nourishes the scalp and hair
- Protects hair against the elements
- Helps lock in hair moisture which prevents it from getting dry and brittle
- Shea Butter is an essential ingredient in homemade balms, body butters, soaps, hair products, lotions and more! (see recipes) or (recipe videos)
Weight: 8 oz Jar
Shea Butter Melting Point: 89-100 degrees Fahrenheit
- SLS, SLES
*Shea Butter is made from Shea Nuts. If you have a nut allergy we recommend trying one of our other cosmetic butters
For more information on unrefined shea butter, including recommended use, how to whip it up into a body butter and more, click here.