Cocoa trees were first cultivated in Mexico all the way back to 1500 BC, but only fairly recently has cocoa butter become a skin care ingredient. Because of its ability to deeply absorb into the skin, far beyond any other butter, cocoa butter is the key ingredient in all stretch mark creams on the market. It’s also high in anti-oxidants and fatty acids, and creates a barrier against free radicals. If you suffer from eczema or dermatitis, cocoa butter helps heal, sooth, and smooth your skin.
And just like our other butter blocks, slice only what you need and save the rest in its environmentally-friendly packaging for later. Once you start to use our Cocoa Butter, straight or in combination with shea butter and some of our essential oils, we know you’ll fall in love with the light chocolatey scent and add it to all your DIY products.
- Anti-inflammatory agents reduce swelling, stinging and redness
- Loaded with vitamins K and E
- Full of saturated oleic, saturated stearic and palmitic acids
- Deep moisture and skin repair
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and many skin issues
- Shields skin from pollution, sunlight and strong winds
- Soothes light burns (including sun burns)
- Alleviates the itching and burning that often accompany burn healing*
- Completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin
- Strengthens and regenerates skin by enhancing collagen production
- Helps support the immune system through “cocoa mass polyphenol”
- Many additional uses: anti-inflammatory ointment, scalp treatment, hair serum, lip treatment, and salve (see recipes)
- Lasts up to 2 years (when you store it properly)
*Seek medical help for burns as necessary.
Weight: 16 oz.
Ingredients: Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
How to use Cocoa Butter
Drop a pea-size dollop of cocoa butter in your hands and rub together to melt then apply directly to the skin. If you whip it into into one of our luscious body butter recipes, apply much as you would any other cream. We recommend you use a wooden or plastic spatula or spoon to dip into your lotion or cream container.
You can also use Cocoa Butter to tame frizzy and unruly hair. Melt a small amount in your hands, scrunch into or run over your hair to moisturize, smooth and shine.
Storing Cocoa Butter
Store Cocoa Butter in its original container or place in a plastic or glass jar with a lid. Keep it in a cool, dry place out of the sunlight. As long as the temperature is below 75 degrees there is no need to keep it refrigerated. Cocoa Butter has an average shelf life of 24 months.
We only offer you products that we guarantee 100%. This means that every one of our high-quality ingredients is handpicked. We only offer products that we can stand behind, making our Premium Quality Cocoa Butter nothing but the best. If you are unhappy with your products for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible, we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.
FDA & Allergen Disclaimer
These statements and products have not been evaluated by the FDA. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent, or eliminate any disease or condition. Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods products are intended for cosmetics purposes, and not to be ingested.
Please consult a physician before using products from Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods. If you are allergic to any ingredients, please do not purchase or use. Use a small 1”x 1” inch test area on your hand; let product sit on the skin for 24 hours to test for any adverse reactions. If any reactions occur, consult a physician immediately, and immediately discontinue use