Cocoa trees were first cultivated in Mexico all the way back to 1500 BC, but only fairly recently has cocoa butter become known as a skin care ingredient.
Unrefined Cocoa Butter has the ability to deeply absorb into the layers of your skin, far beyond any other butter, for this reason cocoa butter is the key ingredient in all stretch mark creams on the market.
It is also packed with anti-oxidants and fatty acids which helps create a barrier against free radicals. If you suffer from eczema or dermatitis, cocoa butter can help heal, sooth, and smooth your skin.
Once you start to use our Cocoa Butter, straight or in combination with a DIY skin care recipe, we are confident you will fall in love with the quality and the light natural chocolatey scent it has. It works very well in combination with our famous Unrefined Shea Butters, waxes and carrier oils.
- Anti-inflammatory agents reduce swelling, stinging and redness
- Loaded with vitamins E and K
- Full of saturated oleic, saturated stearic and palmitic acids
- Penetrates layers of skin for deep moisture and skin repair
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and many skin issues
- Shields skin from pollution and strong winds
- Helps soothe light burns (including sun burns)
- Completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin
- Strengthens and regenerates skin by enhancing collagen production
- Helps support the immune system through “cocoa mass polyphenol”
- Can be used in many DIY skin care recipes including: healing balm, stretch mark cream, body butter, hand salve, lip balm and more (see recipes)
Weight: 16 oz.
Ingredients: Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
Lasts up to 2 years (when you store it properly)
How to use Cocoa Butter
Drop a pea-size dollop of cocoa butter in your hands and rub together to melt then apply directly to the skin. If you whip it into into one of our luscious body butter recipes, apply much as you would any other cream. We recommend you use a wooden or plastic spatula or spoon to dip into your lotion or cream container.
You can also use Cocoa Butter to tame frizzy and unruly hair. Melt a small amount in your hands, scrunch into or run over your hair to moisturize, smooth and shine.
Storing Cocoa Butter
Store Cocoa Butter in its original container or place in a plastic or glass jar with a lid. Keep it in a cool, dry place out of the sunlight. As long as the temperature is below 75 degrees there is no need to keep it refrigerated. Cocoa Butter has an average shelf life of 24 months.
We only offer you products that we guarantee 100%. This means that every one of our high-quality ingredients is handpicked. We only offer products that we can stand behind, making our Premium Quality Cocoa Butter nothing but the best. If you are unhappy with your products for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible, we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.
FDA & Allergen Disclaimer
These statements and products have not been evaluated by the FDA. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent, or eliminate any disease or condition. Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods products are intended for cosmetics purposes, and not to be ingested.
Please consult a physician before using products from Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods. If you are allergic to any ingredients, please do not purchase or use. Use a small 1”x 1” inch test area on your hand; let product sit on the skin for 24 hours to test for any adverse reactions. If any reactions occur, consult a physician immediately, and immediately discontinue use