Castor Oil is cold pressed from the seeds of the Ricinus communis plant. It has been in use for centuries for its healing and moisturizing properties.
This oil is organic, vegan and non comedogenic. It is safe for sensitive, dry and oily skin types. Castor has a slightly earthy scent and its consistency is thicker than most carrier oils.
Castor Oil is known for its many benefits and is a popular ingredient in skin, hair and beauty products for this reason. It is also commonly used on hair to promote growth and restore luster.
Castor Oil Benefits
- Deeply moisturizes and protects the skin from the elements
- Helps repair damaged or irritated skin
- Soothes itching skin
- Boosts skin elasticity and stimulates collagen production
- Diminishes scars and stretch marks
- Moisturizes the scalp and promotes hair growth
- Locks in hair moisture and helps to restore shine
- Can be used in DIY skin and hair care recipes, including body butters, balms, hair conditioners, salves and more (see recipes or recipe videos)
Net weight: 4 fl oz
- SLS, SLES
For more information on Organic Castor Oil, including recommended use, and additional benefits please see our article on this oil here.