Kokum Butter is derived from the Garcinia Indica tree, native to India. It is extracted and mechanically refined without the use of chemicals or additives.
It is a white or off-white color. It has a mild to nonexistent odor.
Kokum is often used as a substitute for Cocoa Butter due to its similar texture and the fact that it has little to no scent.
This butter is particularly popular for its fast absorption and healing abilities.
- Ultra-moisturizing, helps rejuvenate and soften the skin
- Helps soothe irritated skin, stinging and burning
- Non-comedogenic, will not clog pores making it great for all skin types including acne prone skin
- Contains antioxidants that nourish the skin and help slow aging
- Helps repair damaged or cracked skin
- Softens the skin and restores skin flexibility
- Helps regenerate skin cells & reduces degeneration of skin cells
- Kokum Butter is an essential ingredient in homemade salves, balms, body butters, soaps, lotions and more! (see recipes) or (recipe videos)
Weight: 8 fl oz.
Melting Point for Kokum Butter: 90-104 degrees Fahrenheit
- SLS, SLES
For more information on Kokum Butter, including recommended use, how it is made, recipes to whip it up into a body butter and more, click here.