That expensive and store bought lotion you use? It probably has shea butter listed as an ingredient, but it’s not the same. 2-5% is all the big guys add and it’s a refined version, which means they strip it of most nutrients. Our 100% unrefined, pure shea butter is harvested lovingly by Ghanaian women who depend on their craft to live. It comes to us as Mother Nature intends it to! That means it’s safe and loaded with nutrients and vitamins to renew your biggest, hardest working organ–your skin!
Our Ivory Shea Butter varies from off-white, to beige to light gray. The shades of color are inevitable as it is with most organic, all-natural products. The scent is slightly nutty. The consistency is rich but relatively light when compared to our Yellow Shea Butter.
- Naturally non-comedogenic
- Anti-inflammatory agents reduce swelling, stinging and redness
- Loaded with vitamin A (for cellular turn over and collagen production)
- Vitamins E, F and fatty acids also provide deep moisture without greasiness
- Natural SPF of 6–10 to prevent sun damage
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin tone
- Shields skin from pollution, sunlight and strong winds
- Contains phenols, the same antioxidants found in green tea
- Completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin
- Strengthens and regenerates skin by enhancing collagen production
- Many additional uses: anti-inflammatory ointment, scalp treatment, hair serum, lip treatment, salve (see recipes)
- Lasts up to 2 years (when stored properly)
How to use Shea Butter
First of all, drop a pea-size dollop of shea butter in your hands and rub together to melt then apply directly to the skin. If you whip it into one of our luscious body butter recipes, apply much as you would any other cream. We recommend you use a wooden or plastic spatula or spoon to dip into your lotion or cream container.
You can also use Shea Butter to tame frizzy and unruly hair. Melt a small amount of shea butter in your hands, scrunch into or run over your hair to moisturize, smooth and shine.
Better Shea Butter is Happy to now offer our Shea Butter in 5 and 10-pound blocks. These larger blocks are an efficient and cost effective way to gather the base materials you need for large gift projects or even a small skin care businesses. Contact us for more information.
Storing Shea Butter
You can Store Shea Butter either in its original packaging or place in a plastic or glass jar with a lid. Keep it in a cool, and also dry place out of the sunlight. As long as the temperature is below 75 degrees there is no need to keep it refrigerated. Finally, Shea Butter has an average shelf life of 24 months.
We only offer you products that we guarantee 100%. This means that we hand pick every one of our high-quality ingredients. We only offer products that we can stand behind, making our Premium Quality Shea Butter nothing but the best. If you are unhappy with your products for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible, we will work with you until you’re satisfied.
FDA & Allergen Disclaimer
These statements and products have not been evaluated by the FDA. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent, or eliminate any disease or condition. Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods products are specifically for cosmetics purposes, so do not ingest them.
Please consult a physician before using products from Better Shea Butter & Skin Foods. If you are allergic to any ingredients, please do not purchase or use. Use a small 1”x 1” inch test area on your hand; let product sit on the skin for 24 hours to test for any adverse reactions. If any reactions occur, consult a physician immediately, and immediately discontinue use.