Chamomile flowers have been around for centuries, dating all the way back to ancient Egypt, where Chamomile was given as an offering to the gods. Chamomile has been utilized extensively in Europe as a panacea for body troubles and digestive health. Common preparations they made were teas, baths and compresses. Germans refer to this herb as alles zutraut meaning ‘capable of anything.’
Dried Chamomile Flowers have a light pleasant fragrance, they are a yellow and brown color.
Today Chamomile Flowers are best known for use in teas for calming purposes. They are also great for soothing the skin so can be used in lotions and balms. Their pleasant aroma make them nice for use in sachets to put around the house. They can also be used as decoration or confetti in natural themed parties or weddings and in other such craft projects.
Chamomile Flowers Benefits
- Contains vitamins and nutrients that help soothe the skin
- Helps muscles to relax
- Stimulates tissue and collagen production
- High in antioxidants
- Natural calming aroma
- Infuse into oils for added benefits and use this oil in balms, salves, creams and more
- Use as a natural exfoliant in face masks and scrubs
- Add to a bath for a spa like experience
- See more recipes for this beneficial flower in our free DIY Skin Care Recipes ebook.
Net Weight 4 oz
For more information on dried chamomile flowers and a recipe using them see our article here