Carnauba Wax is a natural vegetable wax derived from the leaves of the Copernicia cerifera botanical, more commonly known as the Carnauba Tree. During Brazil’s dry season, this palm, which also goes by the name “The Tree of Life,” protects itself against moisture loss by secreting a coating on both sides of its leaves. This coating is called Carnauba Wax. It is considered the “Queen of Waxes”, one of the hardest natural waxes on the market today.
Because Carnauba wax is a vegetable wax it is a great substitute for Beeswax in making vegan DIY skincare products such as balms, creams or salves.
It comes in small flakes in a craft resealable bag which makes it easy to measure an exact amount you need and reseal the bag. It is yellow/light brown in color and has a slightly sweet earthy smell.
If you are using carnauba wax in your recipe in place of beeswax please note that it must be heated to a higher temperature than beeswax in order to melt, it has a melting point of 179.6 degrees Fahrenheit as opposed to 144 degrees. You can also use half the amount of Carnauba Wax in your recipe that calls for beeswax.
- Forms a protective barrier and protects skin from pollutants and wind
- Helps to heal damaged skin
- Seals in moisture to help keep skin moisturized
- Hard wax with a glossy finish
- 100% Vegan
- Food Grade
- Great as an ingredient in DIY skincare recipes including balms, body butters, salves and more. See our free DIY Skin Care Recipe ebook.
Net Weight: 16 oz.
- SLS, SLES